10687NAT Diploma of Sports Therapy Kinesiology
10687NAT Diploma of Sports Therapy Kinesiology
The Sports Therapy Kinesiologist addresses the client from an integrative perspective – recognising that the clients posture is a reflection of the client’s overall health and movement patterns. The client’s movement patterns reflect their neurology and psychology. Using Sports Therapy Kinesiology these factors are able to be assessed using kinesiology and addressed holistically.
Download a course brochure and find out more about the Diploma of Sports Therapy Kinesiology
Combining Sports Therapy with Kinesiology is an extremely effective way to deal with musculoskeletal problems. This new course embraces our unique approach to Kinesiology, which extends far beyond learning muscle monitoring techniques to embracing Energetic, neurological and Chinese Medicine principals as well as nutrition and other Complementary Health practices and insights. Combine this with orthopedic assessment, joint mobilisation, manual therapy techniques, and corrective exercises and you have a highly potent combination of skills for improving pain, physical performance and posture. This dynamic qualification gives you the skills to work on physical performance, pain and postural problems in an integrative way.
Why study this course with CCM?
- Receive comprehensive, specialist training to support your career and life goals.
- Work in clinic and develop your career after just 13 months of study.
- Our flexible study structures are perfect for people who lead a busy lifestyle, enabling you to juggle study, work and other commitments.
- This course is taught by highly qualified and experienced lecturers who are passionate about teaching. Many of our lecturers have qualifications in multiple disciplines such a acupuncture, psychology and counselling which contribute to our graduates having first rate clinical skills.
- We have significant experience in teaching Kinesiology having taught it since the college first began in 2001.
- When you study with CCM you join a dedicated, focused and passionate community of career minded students that have a strong network which supports each other.
- We are the only college in Australia to offer this unique qualification.
- Upon successful completion of our 10687NAT Diploma of Sports Therapy Kinesiology, you can also graduate with a HLT52415 Diploma of Kinesiology by successfully completing just two extra subjects. This option adds to your base of skills and allows you to graduate with two Diplomas
Who is the course for?
Sports Therapy Kinesiology will appeal to anyone who is interested in becoming a practitioner that can work on physical structure problems in an integrative way recognising that posture reflects a client’s movement patterns which in turn are reflective of their overall health, neurology and psychology. It is also a great up-skill course for practitioners of other structural and sports medicine modalities looking to add Kinesiology to their skill set. This course is a good fit for those with a background in sports, massage, and fitness just to name a few.
- Introduction to Kinesiology
- Counselling and Communications
- Vibrational Healing System: The Acupuncture System
- Dynamic Structure
- Integrative Manual Therapy
- Corrective Exercises
- Structure and Nutrition
- Clinical Conditions
This course is intended to provide participants with a range of skills and knowledge to perform the following functions associated with a Sports Therapy Kinesiology practitioner:
- Operating a clinic as a practitioner;
- Conducting comprehensive health assessments;
- Performing Sports Therapy Kinesiology treatments;
- Utilising information about nutrition and diet.
Graduates may go on to establish their own clinics, or join integrated complementary medicine clinics, Western Medicine doctors and other complementary practitioners. Others use their expertise within specific areas such as injury recovery, stiffness and limited mobility, pain and improving performance.
Watch as Emma Sternberg, a CCM graduate and successful practicing Kinesiologist on the Northern Beaches of Sydney, discusses her course.
The college really is at the cutting edge area of health. It’s quiet frankly an education that is second to none.
I started studying with CCM when I was already working as a Psychotherapist when I realised I needed more than simply ‘Talk Therapy’ to support my clients needs. In my prior training we had not really explored Expressive Therapies or the power role of the Transpersonal but CCM offered the perfect integration of both.
The Transpersonal Counselling Advanced Diploma course has changed my lifestyle, my relationships and my personal and professional goals in life. I now teach Yoga with a different and improved perspective and hold space for my students to incorporate yogic techniques while maintaining a connection to their heart and embracing their own unique rhythm.
When I decided to study Kinesiology, it was important to me that I had the best education possible. I did a lot of research and decided that the College of Complementary Medicine was the only option.
The incredible camaraderie and sense of community encouraged at CCM goes beyond the classroom to faculty management and administration. I haven’t experienced this sense of belonging at any other college and found that it made learning so much more enjoyable and valuable.
Attend a free introductory workshop to learn more
We have two study options available for our Sports Therapy Kinesiology course: full time and blended learning.
START DATES & TIMETABLES
Sydney City Campus:
Orientation day: 26th July, Class starts: 2nd August 2018 (domestic students & international students)
Orientation day: 26th July, Class starts: 2nd August, 2018 (domestic students & international students) timetable coming soon.
Two consecutive days face-to-face, per week. Two weeks holidays between semesters.
METHOD OF ASSESSMENT
All assessments that form part of this course are competency-based, with a result of Competent or Not Yet Competent (NYC). Types of assessment in this course include; practical observations, assignments, short answer questions, student clinic, case studies and presentations.
The 10687NAT Diploma of Sports Therapy Kinesiology is current between 13 December 2017 and 12 December 2022. Students enrolled during the currency period, are able to study and complete this course for a period of 2 years after the expiration date.
All face to face classes are limited to 30 participants, and as such all applications are processed on a first come, first served basis.
This course is recognised by:
- Australian Institute of Kinesiologists (AIK)
This qualification is nationally recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
This course is endorsed by:
Although there are no course specific entry requirements to study this qualification, CCM does ensure that all students who wish to study with us are also suitable.
To determine suitability and ensure all enrolled students can successfully complete the course, CCM assesses a potential student’s Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills, computer literacy and suitability to the course they wish to enrol in.
To establish Language Literacy and Numeracy skills, CCM requires students to provide evidence in the form of:
- a Certificate III or higher qualification; or
- an Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) assessment result of Level 3 or above; or
- a Higher School Certificate (HSC), or equivalent, with 50% or more, in both Math and English.
As all courses offered by CCM incorporate use of CCM’s online learning platform, whether it be in accessing course materials or submitting course work for assessment, CCM requires all students to have:
- access to a computer for the duration of the course;
- access to the internet as required; and
- computer literacy skills at Level 3 of the ACSF.
As part of the enrolment process, each student is also interviewed to ascertain their individual interests in undertaking the course, to ensure it is suitable for both their personal and career aspirations. Dependent on the outcome of the discussion, Course Advisors are able to suggest the most appropriate course, location and mode of delivery for the individual student.