Hello, I’m Carmel, a Gestalt Therapist, Counsellor and Art Therapist in Sydney. When people feel despair and sadness, I want to know what’s really going on for them. I’m passionate about providing healing for my clients who experience stress or are feeling stuck. I help them build an inner resilience, an unshakeable connection to their deepest self that brings confidence to their decision making.
I have trained as a Gestalt Therapist at the Relational Institute in Sydney, have a Diploma in Counselling and, Advanced Diploma in Transpersonal Art Therapy. I have worked in a variety of counselling settings in Mental Health. I currently facilitate groups in recovery from various addictions and trauma and am in private practice. I have facilitated workshops for pre-puberty young girls educating them about their bodies. Run art therapy workshops for the Randwick Art4Connection day. Also, designed group programs for the RSL Aged Care facility.
I’m here to support you. I have experience in dealing with a wide variety of concerns:
– Relationship issues, intimate partner, family, friendships or work-related.
– Major life changes such as grief and loss and work changes.
– Spiritual emergence, exploration and/or personal growth.
– Strategies for managing stress and life balance.
– Self-confidence, self-esteem and how you see yourself.
– Anxiety, depression and emotional health, feeling hopeless, overwhelmed and disconnected.
– Life purpose and meaning-making whether that be career or personal interests.
Call for a 15-minute free consultation to gain an understanding of what you are wanting and a plan can be worked out.